top of page

Wetland Permitting

It is illegal to dredge or fill a wetland without a federal permit.

For detailed information on the permitting process, please contact the Army Corp of Engineers located in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho

(208) 765-8961

Joint Application for Permit - please request consultation prior to completing this application.


In addition, Bonner County requires a 50' building setback from a delineated wetland.  You can find detailed info on this on the County's website under Chapter 7 Environmental Standard, subchapter 7.3  click here to go there or call the Bonner County planning department at (208) 265-1458


What is a Wetland?
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (Corps) and the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) define a wetland(s) as follows:  Those areas that are inundated or saturated by surface or ground water at a frequency and duration sufficient to support, and that under normal circumstances do support, a prevalence of vegetation typically adapted for life in saturated soil conditions.


Wetland Indicator Plants - This site provides links to wetland plant lists and detailed information on the wetland dilineation process.



bottom of page